This state-of-the-art MRI system is the most advanced alternative
to open MRIs, which have grown in popularity in recent years
because of patient comfort, but in terms of clinical performance,
compromise image quality. Monmouth now is equipped with GE
Medical System’s Signa MR/i, which features a wide-open
enclosure that is designed to reduce patient anxiety, as
well as provide all the benefits of high-field magnetic strength
to produce the highest quality images in dramatically less
These images are taken without X-rays and in rapid, sequential
order — from head to toe — with a scanning time
that is up to 50 percent faster than traditional systems.
They then are reconstructed to create a more detailed view
of the body — greatly improving its ability to pinpoint
certain diseases and conditions, including stroke, brain
and spinal tumors, bone and joint trauma, and gynecological
tumors and diseases.
The Signa HDxT High Definition MR Upgrade transforms Monmouth
Medical Center's Magnetic Resonance imaging capabilities.
The Signa HDxT MRI scanner uses unique High Definition
(HD) technology, continuing a trend of significant advances
in MR imaging. HD technology enables the on-board computing
system to reconstruct images very rapidly, resulting in
near real-time image generation. The Signa HDxT is designed
for advanced imaging for studies ranging from routine to
extremely challenging. The system produces consistant image
quality across all applications.
The Signa HDxT system has advanced imaging and processing
capabilities that help doctors perform MRI exams that traditionally
have been very difficult. These unique capabilities include:
- PROPELLER, for enhanced brain imaging on all patients
including those who cannot hold still.
- PROPELLER DWI, for enhanced stroke imaging.
- TRICKS-XV, for MR angiography with high spatial detail
and dynamic flow.
- VIBRANT-XV, for uncompromised bilateral breast imaging
in one visit with high spatial and kinetic detail.
- LAVA-XV, for high-resolution multi-phase imaging of the
liver and abdomen.
By significantly improving the quality and speed of an MRI
study, the Signa HDxT scanner delivers more detailed information
about the patient's condition while making the experience
patient-friendly. Benefite include:
- New technologies that help doctors provide fast, accurate
- Shorter exams that may not require a breath-hold.
The Signa HDxT system helps referring physicians by providing
high-resolution images that improve diagnostic accuracy.
Clearer, faster scans that reduce the effects of motion
and meets imaging challenges presented by:
- Elderly patients with tremor disease
- Young patients that fail sedation
- Diabetic patients with peripheral vascular disease
- Female patients with multi-focal disease
- Patients with liver disease
- Cardiac inpatients who can't hold their breath
[ top ]